Last date of revision: December 12th 2022
1.3. Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone, you must read the applicable , which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
2.1. We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. To let you know when we made changes to this Privacy Statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The modified Privacy Statement will apply from that date. Please check this page periodically to see changes and additions. Any and all modifications enter into effect as soon as they are published on this website.
3. Information you provide to us and how we use it
3.1. The information we collect;
- To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and your phone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Spitaels Consulting to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services).
- If you choose to interact with Spitaels Consulting via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
3.2. How we will use this information:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third-party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
3.3. Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact”). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
4. Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
4.2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognize your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
4.3. There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by Spitaels Consulting to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Spitaels Consulting to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
4.4. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Spitaels Consulting uses both ‘session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
5.1. The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Cookies necessary for essential purposes||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
|Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform.
We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
|Advertising Cookies||When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
|Social Cookies||These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.|
6. IP addresses
6.1. We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymize and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
7. About Advertising
to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
7.3. You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioral ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
8. Location services
these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalized service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
9. Sharing your information
9.1. We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
9.1.1. We will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services (e.g., accountants, auditors, lawyers and other professional advisors; call-center service providers; IT systems, hosting service providers; banks and financial institutions; outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out our business activities) required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”;
9.1.2. We will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
10.Protecting your information
10.1. We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else. Please also see section 5 of our Legal Notice in this respect.
11. Retaining your information
11.1. We keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, information relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymized. Where we sought your consent to process your personal information and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
11.2. If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
12. Where do we store your Personal Data?
12.1. In principle, your Personal Data will be kept in Belgium or in another country within the European Economic Area. From time to time, we may however need to transfer your Personal Data to entities (recipients) located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not offer adequate protection of Personal Data.
13. Your choices
13.1. As a Data Subject, you enjoy the following rights regarding your own Personal Data:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain confirmation about whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and, if so, to obtain access to your Personal Data and information regarding the processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct incorrect Personal Data, complete your Personal Data and have recipients to whom Personal Data was provided informed of the rectification.
- Right to erasure. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to have your Personal Data erased. If your Personal Data was made public, Professionails will take reasonable steps to inform the controllers who are processing the Personal Data of your request to erase it and to inform the recipients of Personal Data of your request to erase it.
- Right to restriction of processing. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, and, in case of restriction, have the processing limited to mere storage.
- Right to data portability. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to be provided with your Personal Data, which you can reuse as you wish. If you so request, Professionails has the obligation to transfer your Personal Data directly to another controller.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data based on certain grounds and the right at all times to object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without such withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. In the case of automated individual decision-making, you have the right to obtain human intervention, give your point of view, receive an explanation for the automated decision, and challenge that decision.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Belgian ‘Data Protection Authority’ can be contacted by regular mail at Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, Belgium, by telephone at +32 (0)2 274 48 00, by fax at +32 (0)2 274 48 35 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
13.2. You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Spitaels Consulting marketing e-mails.
13.3. If you have a concern about how we use your information, as a first step please contact us using the details set out below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
14. Contact us